Tuesday, January 7, 2014

In our backyard on a recent snowy morning....

The weather seems to be the main topic of everyone these days.  Here's what I saw on a recent early morning glance at our rear hillside.  These 2 bucks took off running across the creek and into the woods as soon as I clicked the camera shutter. 
 
I'll admit I did zoom in just a bit on these 2 deer, but they were no more than 30 yards from my rear deck.  If I'd had the Bailes' shotgun, it would have been "no contest".  I did not realize they were bucks until I studied the picture!
 
 
We often see a herd of 8 deer grazing in late evening, coyotes, baby foxes wrestling with each other, even a wild turkey (last Spring).  I know this is nothing new to Mike and Ann, and perhaps many others, but I  try to grab my camera when I'm able. 
                                                                              
                                                        Happy New Year to All !!!

6 comments:

Ada said...

Great pictures, Cleve, especially the two deer.

Nog Blog said...

It's funny. When I saw the picture and started reading I assumed it was Ann's posting. I was quite surprised when I got to the end and saw it was from Cleve. In the middle of the city of Peoria! Looks like they have the best of both worlds!

Nog Blog said...

It's funny. When I saw the picture and started reading I assumed it was Ann's posting. I was quite surprised when I got to the end and saw it was from Cleve. In the middle of the city of Peoria! Looks like they have the best of both worlds!

Nog Blog said...

Stupid Google sign-in. (Sigh)

rk2 said...

Kind of jealous! I miss seeing wildlife here in the city.

Ann said...

Cleve, it is always inspiring to see and hear about others' observations of wildlife. Those were some beautiful deer in your backyard.

With those woods so close by, you would have fantastic success with a sunflower seed feeder and maybe a wire suet basket, both up near the house.

Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures!!