Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cousin Nancy

At the Klopfenstein cousin reunion in late July, Mom and Dad found out that Nancy Davis lives quite close to me. Tonight we met for dinner at a local Italian restaurant.

I asked if she had always been told she looked like her father because I could see Uncle Fred in her. It was interesting to hear about her family as I really didn't know her daughters. She kept us quite entertained with her stories of trying to learn to water ski at their cottage outside Lacon and her various encounters with wildlife.

6 comments:

Ada said...

How nice that you were able to get together for dinner. She is definitely a very sweet woman. When I was growing up, all the aunts and uncles told me I looked like her.

LynnK said...

The meeting of you two is wonderful. Family connection and family history are vital facets in the human race. I met a man recently who said he had no idea who his first cousins were (I'd mentioned our cousins reunion in Bloomington). That's sad! Knowledge of our heritage is not an insignificant matter!
It's important. Let's keep the ball rolling.

Nog Blog said...

It's nice that one dinner together does make a difference and the connection is made. It is worth the effort. Especially since it sounds like she was a great visiter.

rk2 said...

Ada, I can still see that you two have similar features. I remember that we would stop in Champaign to visit Uncle Fred and she looked a lot like him.

Ann said...

I remember stopping to visit Uncle Fred also. He was always so appreciative and was a sweet man.

Ann said...

(But true confessions: I didn't like having to give him a kiss!!)