Saturday, April 27, 2013

She's a Farm Girl Now

I went out to Sam and Shelley's to babysit yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours. Life at their house is interesting, to say the least. It's a good place for boys...



This is Fred. Ben's pet turtle. Oh, excuse me, he will immediately correct me that it is a tortoise. He outgrew his smaller tank, so Ben constructed a new home for him. He hand cut all the boards and nailed them together. He rigged all the lighting. He completed the project all by himself at 9 years old.

Guess where he put it??


On top of his bed!
He now sleeps with Joe on the bottom bunk.

I had to go to school to pick the older boys up, because Ben couldn't ride the bus home. He was transporting something special!


Baby chicks! This is what he rigged up as a place to keep them until they get too big.


After the chicks were settled in, we went to the garage to see if the mommy cat had any more kittens in the flower pot. There was only one newborn kitten there.



Not to be outdone, Nate and Joe have a project of their own going. Can you guess what this is all about??


It's their pet rock village! Notice the hospital.


This is Joe's rock house. The rock is in the bathrub. And notice the toilet he made, complete with ......

We went outside to play awhile. Tell me, does anyone need a dog this big??






The boys wanted to go out and get a picture of the two cows behind the shed, but I declined.

Hope you enjoyed the images of the afternoon. I have to admit, my daughter amazes me!


                                                              

4 comments:

Shelley S said...

It's definitely a zoo out here. I am not an animal lover so it's a challenge for me!

Ada said...

Guess those boys kept you hopping, right? Such fun projects they all have going. And they all are so cute and look alike!

Perry said...

Enjoy every minute, Shelley. I think of the times we cleaned out the dog pen together and walked and attempted to "train" the dogs and every year the combing and brushing the fur. Not only would I do it all again, I'd "take on" even more projects to have more memories and more time together. It goes by so quickly. ----Carol

Ann said...

I think Shelley is doing a tremendous job. I could probably put up with the rock village. . .