Saturday, February 16, 2013

Southeast Snow

Our corner of the world got snow today.  Unfortunately we were about ten-fifteen miles south of the southern line of activity, but most areas north and east of us got a nice snowfall, and apparently it was the nice kind of snow that sticks and makes good snowballs.

This is my niece (Mike's brother's daughter), husband, and adorable daughter, enjoying the snow at her folks' house, an hour northeast of us.  I know y'all don't know them, but thought it was such a pretty picture, and so classic of people enjoying rare southern snow, that you would like to see it anyway.

8 comments:

Nog Blog said...

I did enjoy the picture...and I wish that when it is cold anyway, that there would be some snow to make it exciting,of a good snow in a couple of years, it seems anyway.
I mean a good, "snowed-in, shut-down" snow. Surely it's not too late for this winter??

Nog Blog said...

I don't know what happened to that comment...it left some words out...oh well, you got the drift.

(Pun intended.)

mim said...

I well remember what fun a huge snowstorm would be when I was a girl in Princeville: no school and no electricity. We'd eat hot dogs heated in some makeshift device (for sure, we didn't have an outdoor grill). Because we had no heat, we would go across the street to Aunt Lizzie Endress' (Bruce's great grandmother) home because she had some alternate heat. It was cozy playing board games but probably had to stop early with no electric lights.
Then in a day or so it was so good to get back to normal living.

Ada said...

Nice picture. I don't want snow - I want it to get warm!!

rk2 said...

In the last 4 weeks I've seen 45" or more of snowfall and I'm ready for it to be over. : )

clevekath said...

Us, too. It's nice to see people thrilled about snow, but we're glad it's there, not in Illinois.
BTW, that's a good clear colorful picture! Thanks, Ann, for sharing it.

Ann said...

Well, when you only get a good snow (meaning: 1-3 inches) about once every three years, it's a different story! Everything shuts down and everybody loves it.

Alice said...

What an adorable baby. Good looking parents too. I like the snow if you don't have to go anywhere. Good time to stay home and bake cookies.