Thursday, October 11, 2012

MINI-VACATION

We left Tuesday morning and headed to Michigan City, Indiana for an overnight stay - enjoyed the quaint little town with its interesting shops. On Wednesday morning we drove to Portage, Michigan, where we had lunch with some OLD college friends. From there we went to Shipshewana, Indiana. I thought their flea market was on Thursdays, but discovered that it was on Wednesdays! And it was closed by the time we got there, so that idea was null and void! Today we browsed a few shops, bought a few items, and came on home.

We hope you enjoy this short video of our road trip!
It might make you smile - or it might make you just shake your heads!! 


The really amazing thing about this post is that I actually made this video AND was able to get it posted on here. I'm just getting soooooo good at modern technology!  ha ha ha

5 comments:

Ann said...

I am so impressed!!! Glad you had a nice trip!!!

Nog Blog said...

Oh the joys of a road trip. The clouds were beautiful. It looked at first like you were really driving fast, until someone passed you and left you in the dust. :) I'm glad you are enjoying your retirement. Now that harvest is over, I hope Dave and I can get away for those short little trips.

clevekath said...

Good job on the video! Did you have to put it on You-tube first to get it onto the Blog?
Got a few pictures of Shipshewana?

Ada said...

Yep - we get left in the dust often these days. . . your days are coming, Judy!

I did not put the video on You-tube - just uploaded (or downloaded - whatever). It took a very long time and I just about gave up on waiting, then all of a sudden it came on. Sorry no pictures of Shipshewana.

rk2 said...

I'm very impressed! What a nice little trip. Too bad about Shipshewana's flea market. I'm sure you can spend a lot of time in the quilting shops though.