Saturday, September 29, 2012

Picture Time

I remember this day. It started out as a typical Saturday morning...until the doorbell rang and a photographer showed up at the door. Mom had hired him to come to the house, but had forgotten all about it. We took the picture anyway. Notice Marty in full Davy Crockett gear, Cleve's tennis shoes, my bubble gum bubble, the lamp askew and the end table a mess...and the scowl on Dad's face. Mom, on the other hand, looks quite unrattled. The baby is David, who wore that brace on his shoes for several months due to a hip dislocation at birth.

I vaguely remember this day, when Aunt Mim brought over this container of white mice. Gloria was enraptured as she was a lover of any type of animal. I'm quite sure I did not hold any of the mice. I also remember one evening Dad chasing a mouse in the basement with a paintbrush in hand. I always thought it was one of those white mice, but maybe for Aunt Mim's and Gloria's sake, I will say I can't really say that for sure!


3 comments:

Ada said...

Wow! If you were all that well-dressed on a Saturday morning that was awesome! I would've thought you'd still be in PJ's and have breakfast smeared all over your faces. It's a great picture inspite of the bubble gum, crooked lamp, scowl, etc.

Now the mice, I don't know!?!? But Mim and Lynn look sooo cute!! And again everyone is so dressed up. Oh the "good old days". I remember that house well and loved to come to stay with you for a few days in the summer. Never a dull moment . . .

rk2 said...

I looked at this post earlier today when a friend was at my house. I showed her the pictures and when I said "this is my dad" her reply was "He had hair?"

Mom, thanks for never bringing white mice home for us!

Ann said...

Judy, your mom has always impressed me as being about the most "unrattled" woman in the world! :-). That is a wonderful quality!