Wednesday, August 8, 2012

FUTURE OLYMPIAN???

I had a fun day with Nathan yesterday. We played board games and Wii games. We both spent a lot of time laughing at ME on the Wii!! (I could say he was roflol!!) He beat me everytime no matter what game we played!! Guess it's an age thing.

We went to the College Avenue park where I discovered that we may have a future Olympian in our family. Actually he has come a long way since the last time I took him to a park. His arms must be quite strong to hang on to these apparatusus!!



After this we had lunch at the "grossest place in B/N" - Chucky Cheese!! But from his point of view, it is a great place to spend a couple hours. And is was nice and cool with no fear of sunburn for me.

As many of you know, there is nothing like spending time with grandchildren.

9 comments:

Ada said...

On a side note - I left home about 6:30 to go stay with Nathan. As I shut the door to the garage (think I pulled it pretty hard) I heard a horrible crashing sound and thought maybe the ceiling was falling down in the laundry room! I opened the door, went back in just as Jerry came through the bathroom to see what was happening. Well - about 8-10 pop cans had rolled out of the box and onto the floor. Thankfully, nothing serious. Although Jerry almost had a heart attact as he thought I had backed the car through the garage door!! :)

Ann said...

What a great day - even with the Chucky Cheese! Enjoyed the pics very much.

I am back for the first day of teacher inservice - much to do - my room is a major mess!

Ada said...

I remember those first days each year - hated the inservice, but was usually ready for another year to begin. Although I can't say that I ever missed it after I retired! Have a good year, especially with your change of classes.

Eric - Retta said...

I heard Chucky Cheese was infested with rodents, including a rat...

Nathan looks like he's having fun. Where are the pictures of Grandma on the parallel bars?

rk2 said...

Good one, Eric. I'd like to see that too!!!

Looks like a very fun day.

clevekath said...

"a couple hours at Chuckie Cheese"?
That's true devotion to a grandchild, but yes, it's always worth it to see watch a happy child. The Bambino must have endless energy!

clevekath said...

"a couple hours at Chuckie Cheese"?
That's true devotion to a grandchild, but yes, it's always worth it to see watch a happy child. The Bambino must have endless energy!

Ada said...

Why are you all posting doubles!! I did not know about the rats at Chucky's, but to put it in Klop terms - it is quite ecklish in there.
Ummm -Grandma was sitting on the parallel strips of wood about two feet off the ground (otherwise known as a bench).

Eric - Retta said...

Umm...Ada you didn't see the BIG RAT with the guitar scaring the little kids in the restaurant (using the term very liberally) area of the place?