Monday, April 2, 2012

Flat Stanley

If you have school-aged kids you may have met Flat Stanley before. He's a book character who travels the world, sending pictures back to his classroom. Stanley arrived at my house after I had already left for a 2-week trip to Florida. It was too bad, because he would have loved the boat ride we took with dolphins jumping in the wake of our boat, and the beach.


The woman in the beach chair is the friend I traveled with.

So I took Flat Stanley to the gym with me this morning. I took a couple of pictures of him lifting weights...and then I couldn't resist asking these 3 big guys who were working hard at their physiques to pose with him. They were proud and pleased to show off for the camera. I was disappointed that the flash showed in the mirror as I hoped I had blocked it. It's not the best picture, but boys were those big guys thrilled.

6 comments:

mim said...

Flat Stanley must have the nine lives of a cat. He was around thirty years ago when we were at Lawrence County Christian School.
He's lots of fun and can broaden the horizons for kids of all ages!!!

rk2 said...

Well if Flat Stanley gets to west Michigan he can have his picture made with Holland tulips, the Big Red lighthouse at Lake Michigan or at the muck fields of Hudsonville where salad stuff-celery, onions, radishes, etc.--are grown,

Anonymous said...

the pic is hilarious!!

Ann said...

Oh, yes, Flat Stanley. Our second-graders are doing that right now as well. Love the picture of the big tough guys at the gym!!!

Ann said...

Judy - for which grandchild are you taking care of Flat Stanley?

Nog Blog said...

Jake and Malissa's Ashton is the Stanley man. Stanley will be at our Easter party on Saturday and then I will be sending him back.