Friday, April 27, 2012

Bathroom/Utility/Kitchen Upgrade





Some of you might be wondering if we ever got our house back in order after the fire.  It is taking us a while, but little by little we make progress.  Right now we are waiting for the new floor to be installed.  In the last picture, the walls appear yellow but they are actually "apricot blush" --- the same as the picture above it.  We have some bare walls to decorate, but that still needs to be decided.  We may just have Maria put up "Simply Said" messages for us.  She is a dealer.  We are forever grateful to Casey, especially, and also to Brandon and the others who worked to put out the fire. ---- Carol

PS  I know wallpaper is "out of style" but we are sort of old fashioned.  We like it anyway and decided to use it in the utility room.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Everything looks really nice! The wallpaper also--and who cares if it's "fashionable" or not. It's very pretty. I have the same towels with red poppies on them and love that pattern.

Ada said...

Wow, it all looks very nice. I still get the shivers when I think of that fire!

Nog Blog said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. I've been wondering how it is all coming together. The circumstances were unfortunate, but the remodeling is a good outcome! What else would have spurred you on to do it? What kind of floor are you getting?

clevekath said...

Nicely done...a good ending to a potential disaster. That was surely quite a day and event, never to be forgotten. The following video about the fire was posted, with permission, on YouTube and can be seen here on most computers. Give it a try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_qjVaMHPR8

Cleve

Perry said...

Thanks for the link to the you tube video, Cleve. I put it in "favorites" so we can access it easily. We are getting vinyl floor-covering---not fancy---but I think I will like it. With an old "not square" or level house, trying to put down tile might not work well. The vinvl is flexible and thick and of good quality and hopefully will cover a multitude of imperfections. ---Carol

Ada said...

I didn't know you made that video. Interesting. I was actually able to view it, but I had to copy and paste in order to see it. Surprised myself that I was able to do that!