Monday, March 19, 2012

Grain Elevator Pictures

These are from the 2010 reunion when we toured the elevator. With Ada's post about it coming down, I thought it would be good to post these for memory's sake. Some may be duplicate from August 2010, but that's OK.

I remember how Uncle Perry and my dad explained all the workings of the elevator and all the various jobs they did years ago. It was a great learning experience for all of us and especially for the younger ones. Ada, you did a great job getting that set up. And also in making the beautiful clocks from the board you retrieved from there!










This one below isn't the elevator, but since it was right there with the other pictures, thought it would fit here too. I still have fond thoughts and memories of that weekend and all of Judy's hard work.

3 comments:

Ada said...

I really love these pictures. Everyone is listening to the "speakers" with such intensity!

I went past the elevator on my way home from the dentist today - no activity there yet, but I'll take pictures when it begins.

clevekath said...

Anxious to see the pics, but do not relish the demolition itself.
Yes, that Reunion Weekend will always be remembered. I will also always remember the program and Andrew singing the beautiful solo after the meal.

clevekath said...

Anxious to see the pics, but do not relish the demolition itself.
Yes, that Reunion Weekend will always be remembered. I will also always remember the program and Andrew singing the beautiful solo after the meal.