Monday, March 19, 2012

GLOOMY DAY

 Our mood was a little "gloomy" last week when Jerry's truck had to be towed to the "hospital"!! He was sure the transmission was "broke" or perhaps something even worse - and was going to cost a bunch!!
 Just look at that bright, shiny, clean classy-looking truck! Wouldn't you  be sad and gloomy if it was yours? However, I'm glad to report that it was a fairly easy fix of the right front brake and the biggest part of the expense was the towing charge. We are sooo thankful to have it back and running, as the most difficult part to deal with was sharing one vehicle for four days!! I go stir-crazy when I'm in the house with no car - even if I don't have to go anyplace!!
 I snapped this picture on Saturday. I guess this is the last "good-bye" to our family business. It is a rather sorry-sight, but is kinda sad to think it will be gone soon. It's been raining this morning, but beginning to clear up now. I'll keep my eyes on it so I can post some pictures of the demolition.
On a brighter note, we had Heater and Nathan Friday and Saturday nights. Nathan is waiting for the St. Patrick's Day Parade to begin in uptown Normal. This kid's FULL of energy - constantly! At least he can finally manipulate the playground equipment by himself and will let me sit and watch. Last summer I had to "help" him do everything. After the parade, he and Grandpa went to Menards to get some stuff to work on getting the lawn mower ready for business, and Heat and I went to Joann to get some fabric she needed to make a blouse for her design class. It was a fun weekend with them.

3 comments:

rk2 said...

All the years we travelled to Gridley we always competed to see who could see the Gridley water tower first. It was a big deal to be the first to yell out, "I see the Gridley water tower!!!" In fact, I still looked for the water tower even as an adult and driving into town alone.

With a new water tower and no grain elevator the Gridley skyline has certainly changed.

Alice said...

It will be sad to see the old elevator come down.
I know what you mean about having just one car. We sold our old one and like you we only have 1 car now. It makes me feel "shut in" when Keith goes somewhere. He goes to Restmor every morning at about 11 AM until about 1 PM.
Glad you had fun with your kids over the week-end.

Ann said...

I agree about the cars. A couple of summers ago we had four people here and three cars. Somebody was always without a car, and guess who usually was the one who ended up having to wait for one. It's kinda sad to feel deprived because there are only three cars around, isn't it!!