Monday, February 20, 2012

Rhoda's Latest Project

This has been my house for the past 10 days:





The living room, dining area, and hallway (not shown) have been bare wood and almost everything was in my sunroom. I was hoping if I had things ready last weekend the carpet store would install last week, but they couldn't do it until today. Yesterday we put the couch in the galley kitchen (barely fit) and rolled the piano perpendicular to the couch at the edge of the kitchen.

This is my living room about an hour after I got home thanks to my friend's help moving the big pieces of furniture back into the living room. Love my new carpet and feeling as if I am living in a real house again.



5 comments:

Ada said...

WOW! Looks great, Rhoda. That was quite a project and I know what it's like to have the house all messed up for awhile. The results are worth it, though, right?

rk2 said...

Thanks. Yes, it wears on me to have the house messed up for that long so it feels great now.

MaryM said...

Looks great Rhoda - along with all your HMI furniture!

: )

Nog Blog said...

Very nice! It's a good thing you have good friends to help you. I paid our plumber an extra $10 to help Dave carry a recliner back up the stairs so I wouldn't have to try to do it. I don't know what he thought, but he did it!

Ann said...

Your new carpet is beautiful!!