Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dreaming of Vacationing

I'm sitting here gearing up for another week of work (research papers come in this week and that, along with several other things, will make for a ton of grading), and thinking about the long extended trip Ada and Jerry have been on. And I believe Cleve and Kathleen are in CA right now?

Anyway, I've told Mike that someday, when the kids are both done with college and we've both retired, I want to rent a little beachfront cottage at Pawley's Island, SC, not for a week, but for at least a month. If possible it should have a marsh on the back side, and a screened porch or a deck in both places so we can watch the wildlife. I want to hear the surf and watch the tides, and take long walks on the beach, and eat seafood every night, and know that it is for a long-enough time period that we won't have to count down the days, at least for the first three weeks.

It may never happen, but I can dream!

5 comments:

Ada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

Jerry-I have to ask--"martial" companionship isn't a Freudian slip, is it?!!!

I take your point and make sure we will have at least two rooms!!

Ada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nog Blog said...

I agree with Ann and Ada...I am anxious to take a trip to a relaxing beach and stay long enough that I'm really ready to come home. Hoping for next year!

clevekath said...

The secret to full relaxation is the "extended stay". We had 3 weeks in Florida with no moving to another site and it is truly relaxing. We arrived home last Sunday eve and the Peoria Choir was scheduled to sing in California at the Altadena church the very next weekend, so Crystal, Kathleen, and I flew on Friday to Ca. (Ann is correct)and are at Palm Springs now through next Sunday for another week of great weather. It's been an unusual (but wonderful) way for us to spend most of a winter, but Ann -- your day will come!! Cleve