Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grandma Time

I spent a couple days with the Endress children while their parents were gone.  We had a good time even though little Heidi was sick with the flu.  Here she is with her big sister, Sarah.
Andrew and Laura love to play games.  Probe and Scrabble were our favorites.  I also enjoyed being their school teacher on Monday and Tuesday.  They realized that most other school children had the day off on Monday, but they were good sports and got their work done earlier than usual.  I regret that I didn't get any good pictures of Matthew and Julia. 

Today Elizabeth called and asked if I am sick.  Two or three more of the children caught Heidi's flu.  She said it is going around and I am sure exposed!
Posted by Carol

7 comments:

Ann said...

Enjoyed looking at your pictures. Talking about Probe brings back a fond memory. Mary Lee loved to play games as a child (still does), and we were in a "Probe" craze about the time she was figuring out phonics. She wanted to play. . .none of us could guess her word . . . .it was "baterflises." (butterflies)

Ada said...

Loved these pictures. Your grandchildren are all so adorable. I've never heard of the game Probe, but Ann's comment intrigues me - might have to check it out.

We're looking forward to a visit from Ralph and Marge Kuntz today. I hope they can find us.

Ann said...

I don't think they make Probe any more but you could probably find it on eBay.

We're looking forward to a visit from Cleve and Kathleen tomorrow!

Carol said...

We had a similar experience with Andrew (age 6.) I told him it has to be a word he sees in a book so he knows for sure how to spell it. He still came up with his own mispelled Proper noun and of course we couldn't guess it. We did have some laughs though. After that he played on a team with Matthew. Probe is a great game. It's too bad you can't find it in stores anymore.

rk2 said...

Probe is on e-bay and now that it has come up I think I may have one in my closet.

I'll tell on myself before Mary has the chance to. I used "mmmmmmm" as my "word" because after all I had seen it on a Campbell's soup commercial!

Ann said...

I vaguely remember playing Probe with Rhoda when we were all kids and she was quite young, and her word was "mmmmm" (as in "that tastes really good). Needless to say we didn't get that one either!!

I checked eBay - there are a lot of copies of Probe, most for around $10.

Ann said...

uh oh, didn't see what Rhoda just posted!!! :-)