Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Piggy Paste"

Got a question for you Illinois folks.

This past week I was looking around in our local Walgreens while waiting for some pictures to be developed, and I saw a product that caught my eye first of all because of the PRICE. It was "Dr. Paul's Piggy Paste," a cream to put on toes/toenails to make them look better. And it was $29.99 for a small tube! Then, thinking that this must be some incredible product, I read further that it was developed by Dr. Paul Kinsinger and used in his Washington, IL, practice, with wonderful results. It has all kinds of testimonials for how great it works. And the ingredients are vinegar and thymol. Don't know about the cost of thymol (or even what it is), but that price for a tube containing vinegar seems a little steep.

Now, I am not asking the state of your toes, but have you ever heard of Dr. Paul Kinsinger and his Piggy Paste, from Washington, IL?!!! Or is this a nice $29.99 scam?!!

6 comments:

Cleve said...

Some toe-talk....Yes, I've heard all about the local get-rich-quick Dr. K of nearby Washington, IL. He's making a name for himself by getting Walgreen's to carry his "homemade" product. With Diabetes II, my toenails aren't too pretty (maybe inherited from my Dad who had his totally removed late in life). Upon Kathleen's encouragement, however, I popped for a tube @ $29.99. Discouraging results. "must use for at least 3 months". A hassle to apply, supposed to use a band-aid daily on each toe being treated (extra cost!), uncomfortable within sock and shoe, etc. I gave it 6 weeks on 2 little toes and then gave up. I'd call it a scam, of sorts, but I'd be glad to show you my toenails anytime, Ann. Looking forward to that.

Ann said...

Thanks, Cleve, for the info and for the invitation which I will politely decline!!!

Just checked thymol on Wikipedia - it is a natural antimicrobial thought to help that problem. Then I checked my science supply house for school, Carolina Biological, and can get a good-sized bottle of the stuff for 6.75. That and a 2.00 bottle of vinegar and I'll be in business. So Dr. Paul is going to be out of luck at our house.

Staci said...

One of my good friends worked in his office. She said he was a difficult man to work for.

Sorry the paste didn't work for you Cleve. I am sure most of the RDK grandkids remember "take my socks off and rub my feet!" I still remember those toes!

Eric - Retta said...

Ah Staci, that was one of the privileges of being a Grandchild of RDK, taking off the black work socks and rubbing his feet. Retta always wondered where I learned to give foot rubs.......it was from Grandpa!

rk2 said...

Eric, surely you use some MK Mint Bliss Foot lotion when you rub feet!

Anonymous said...

I have always used Listerine mouth wash to get rid of toe fungus, IT
WORKS.! just soak your toes in a bowl that you can use over & over. If you compare the ingredients to listerine and piggy paste you will see they have almost the same ingredients, this guy just simply added some of his own to it. Unless your nails are too far gone, cut them back then just soak your toes in listerine 2 to 3 times a week for about 5 minutes or so. It will kill the fungus and for maintenance I take a dab of listerine and an old tooth brush and scrub my toes with it 2 to 4 times a week.
Listerine $2.99 piggy paste $29
big difference...!