Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dad and an iPad

The LCK family celebrated Christmas on Monday night, 12/26, when Mary, Joey, and Haley were able to get here. Mark's family and Rhoda came on up from Atlanta on Christmas night. The talk of that evening was iPads, since Mark brought his along and Mike had given me one for Christmas. Dad was very interested in all the talk, and one could almost see the wheels moving in his mind that when all this was over with, he was going to go get himself an iPad.

What he did not know, but the rest of us did, was that Mark was going to give him one when we opened presents Monday night.

I wish you all could have seen the expression on Dad's face when he opened up that package. It was priceless.

Once he opened that present, he was useless as far as observing others' presents for the rest of the night. He had no idea what other people were opening around him. He was in iPad glory. It was fun to watch. :-)

6 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Great pictures. And I imagine he is learning fast. Looks like he was having a grand time.

Ada said...

Lucky Lynn! It does look like he's having a good time and he will be able to spend a lot of time playing with that thing.

Cleve said...

I love surprises like that...glad you could keep it a secret all day Monday. I've seen Mark's IPad (with leather cover, even, if I remember correctly), so I know it would make a man want one. Glad for Uncle Lynn!

Alice said...

Could someone tell us technology illiterate folks what is an I pad?
What is the function?

Eric - Retta said...

Oh these kids now days! Has Mr. K learned that the game "Angry Birds" really should be named "Angry at the Birds" yet?

rk2 said...

My parting words at the airport today, "And Dad, make sure you share the IPad with Mom!"