Monday, November 14, 2011

FIRST RUNNER-UP MISS LAKE COUNTY

As you may recall, Grace was chosen as Jr. Miss Vernon Hills last summer. Saturday night she was in the Miss Lake County pageant representing the city of Vernon Hills. She looked beautiful, was very poised, gave a great prepared speech, and had a quick response to an impromptu question. And, of course, was very graceful as she walked across the stage several times. Is that enough bragging from a Grandma.


I was able to go backstage for a couple minutes with Michelle

and we had this picture taken with Grace.


I took this picture from our seat about 2/3 back in the

auditorium. Here the girls are in their "daywear".

Here is Grace in the evening wear competition.

The pageant lasted about 3 1/2 hours with one break. It was a loooong time, but very enjoyable. I might that add that Drake and Owen were playing scrabble on their Iphone - figure that one out!! I'm lucky if I can get a call to go through from my simpe cell phone!!




4 comments:

rk2 said...

Congrats to Grace! She represents her name well apparently. I'm sure you had a great time watching the competition.

marym said...

She looks so poised and confident, in a "grace"-ful way. Beautiful on the inside and out. Congratulations!

Nog Blog said...

Grace and Michelle are a great-looking mother/daughter combo, and I have to say, Ada, that you are showing up in pictures looking in the prime of your life. Congratulations, Grace!

Ann said...

Ditto all of the above!!