Tuesday, November 29, 2011

COUSIN MARGUERITE ZUPANZIC

This will be of interest to my siblings and some of the older nieces and nephews who remember Aunt Florence and some of her family. You may remember that Marguerite had bad jaw cancer many years ago (maybe 15 yrs or so). She had major reconstruction done on one side of her face and has had problems chewing/eating since then. We spend some time with her when we are in Florida and also communicate with her on facebook.

I am copying a couple facebook posts from Charlene with new information about "Maggie" - always Marguerite to me. (Hope this works)

I am asking for prayer for my sister Maggie - she is at the MD Anderson Cancer center in Houston, Tx - tomorrow they are doing a biopsy to detrmine if she will need chemo and then Tuesday she is scheduled for extensive surgery and restoration in her mouth - she will be in Texas for a couple of months for radiation therapy - this is putting a strain on her children - today after attending church they were waiting for the shuttle to pick them up and a lady looked at Susan and said do I know you - I swear ann angel put that woman there - she was a woman from Largo, Fl. that befriended Sue many years ago and they lost contact and now live in Houston - Her mother also (a friend of Marguerite's also lives there - so now they have a support of angels sent to them and will be with Sue the day of surgery - God is so good - Pray - Pray - Pray!!!


Just got a call from Mag and she said the biopsy was negative - so hopefully if all goes well tomorrow with surgery, she won't need chemo and will only have radiation - on the other hand, her daughter Sue got up this morning with stomach flu -- hopefully it will be gone tomorrow - she is wearing a mask now while tending her mother - God Bless them both!!!

I will send an update if Char posts any news. I might even call Char sometime and perhaps she will have an address to which we could send a card to Marguerite. She must be in her late 80's, right? She's still quite spunky.

5 comments:

Alice said...

I looked in the Gramm Book and Marguerite was born February 28, 1928. So she is 83.
We surely will pray for her and will be glad to send her a card if we get an address.

Cleve said...

Thanks for the update on Marguerite. Is Sue the youngest daughter? I do recall daughter Vicki well as I was quite stricken by her in high school when she visited her Grandma Krones in the summertime. Praying that today's procedures go well.

Ada said...

Just saw a Facebook post from Charlene that Marguerite is still in surgery and will be for a couple more hours. Her daughter Mary, who is a Catholic Nun, sent the report about an hour ago from now which is 6:30 pm CST. She said things were going better than expected - whatever that means.

Ada said...

The latest post is that she is out of surgery and in intensive care.

Cleve, I don't know if Sue if the youngest. I remember Vicki and Patty, the two oldest. Susan is listed as #6 in the Gramm book which lists 6 children. I think there are more than that, but not sure how many.

I just emailed Charlene and asked for an address - will let you know if I get one.

Ada said...

Friday morning post from Charlene:

I talked to Marguerite tonight - it is hard to understand her and hard for her to talk but she wanted to hear my voice - - she is such a dear sister - she is getting along really well - will move from critical care tomorrow - the feeding tube in her nose bothers her and anxiety is setting in - still no word from pathology - please keep the prayers coming - she told me last night the she really feels the prayers and love -