Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Big 5-0

I had lots of surprises over the weekend - Joey and the girls surprised me with a party for my 50th birthday. Rhoda showed up on Friday night - and Aunt Ada and Uncle Jerry came as well! I already knew that Dad & Mom were coming. I was able to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a very long time. Thanks to those who came and made the day special! And thanks to my husband for lots of work and effort to make it happen.

Overall, I think I was pretty psyched for this milestone. At my 40th Joey had a "hill" cake made for me. There was a path going up to the top and on it was written "Come on up; the view is fine." Well, the view is still fine . . . although Jaimie asked how it feels to be coming down the hill. : )

How about the family . . . any other milestone birthdays coming up?

(Photo: Our little granddaughter was dressed in her "grandma" shirt.)

4 comments:

Ada said...

Well, I'll just say it's ok to walk atop the hill for awhile before you begin walking down. It was a really fun day - Joey did a great job of planning the party and keeping it from you. I'm just sorry I didn't have my camera with me.

It was fun to see your daughters again and, of course, that adorable baby. We had a leisurely trip back home. Stayed overnight in Paducah KY and did a little exploring and shopping there.

Hope you have many more happy birthdays, Mary.

rk2 said...

Yes, it was a great weekend. Several people commented on what a great job Joey did to plan it all. It was great to see so many people.

Nog Blog said...

Happy 50th Mary! Why does media always still show grandmas as old women...you are perfect proof that grandmas today look younger and younger!

rk2 said...

Mary, I love this picture of you--shows how much you were enjoying yourself.