Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SOMETHING SPECIAL

Well, these did not turn out in the order I expected them to, so we'll just have to deal with it! The first and third pictures are related - both taken at a special event. What is the event?

The middle picture is another one of the trip Mother and I took to Colorado Springs - and it appears that we are either checking in or out of a motel. There is something very special about this although it is very difficult to see clearly. The original pic is somewhat blurry, and this "copy" is even more so. If you're really sharp, you might be able to figure it out.





7 comments:

Ada said...

Wow - the enlarged view does show what I was hoping you could see.

Anonymous said...

How flat your stomach is??

mim said...

OK--I looked and looked but wasn't sure what the special is. Then I enlarged and finally got out my magnifying glass and here's my answer: The License plate 10-190!

Hopefully that is correct. Dad had that number for many, many years. Anyone know how many?
Uncle Lynn

(I had to use Mim's computer because I have a "cookie" confusion on mine!

Ada said...

Lynnie Boy got it right on target!! Anybody know whatever happened to all those plates that were in the garage?

Hmmm, Anonymous -just you wait!!!

Alice and Keith said...

The first and third picture is of our 25th wedding anniversary. I can't remember the name of the resturant where we ate in Bloomington. All of our siblings were there. What a wonderful memory.

Cleve said...

The 3rd picture had me do a double-take -- thinking that Uncle Keith was on the end. But then I see him next to Aunt Alice. It is his twin Ken who looks just like Keith.
Good pictures!

Cleve said...

The middle picture made me nastolgic for the old blue Buick - riding in the middle front with G & G to Monticello, Indiana to the Meiss reunion one year. I had to stare at the "Sonomatic" radio all the way, but as I recall, it did have under-the-dash Air
Conditioning -- a real luxury. And I recall the 10 190 plates, too!