Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SUNNY DAY

We couldn't ask for a more beautiful, sunny, summer day. I took a half-hour walk this morning - second day in a row, and I hope I can keep motivated. We've had a busy summer and here a few pictures of the fun we've had.
Nathan and Heat spent a couple days while Angela took Kelsie back to Florida. This new mini-race track was a hit.

Jerry has a new project - extending the deck a few feet. I'll post another picture when it's finished. Also as you can see, my petunias have been growing well this year. I think they like the hot, humid weather we had a few weeks ago.
We've had a lot of beautiful hibiscus blooms this summer, but we've had to fight the Japanese Beatles. That Sevn is pretty potent stuff!
We took Heat and Nathan to Downers Grove one day so Grandpa could fix the Go Kart while Janice, Heat, and I went shopping. Fun day.

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

You two have such energy for projects...and grandchildren. You know how to enjoy retirement very well!

Ann said...

The hibiscus blossom is beautiful! Mine is starting to wear out - too much heat and not enough rain. Glad you could have such a good time with the grandkids.