Monday, August 29, 2011

Fair Results

Couldn't have Casey's kids outdo me, but since I'm not into big cows I put a few antiques in the Hudsonville Community Fair. I think most of the pieces are from Mom's side of the family but you will probably remember the vegetable bowl from Grandma K's kitchen. I ended up with a third place (white) for the hanky holder and two fifth (pink) place ribbons for the butter mold and afghan and received a premium check for $6.75!



When Mark told Dad and Mom the money from 1905 Azalea was being wired after closing he suggested they not spend it all in one place. I'm pretty sure this check will get spent in one place!

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

Now that's a fun fair...no working on projects for months in advance, no project book to fill out...just displaying some sentimental and pretty items from your heritage. Thanks for sharing!

Mim said...

The handkerchief case was old when I was a little girl so it is very old now! I remember Aunt Hulda making the afghan with some little metal device. Don't think she ever used it again. The butter mold was given to me when aunts got rid of their things and I inherited whatever they didn't know what to do with--some lovely things.