Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trip South

After my trip to Aruba I worked for two days and then left for a 9-day trip South to visit family and got to see everyone but Joey. The first weekend was a bridal shower for Jaimie and then several days in SC before returning to AL for a small get together with classmates on the eve of our (gasp) 30th high school graduation anniversary.

I didn't take many pictures but thought you may like to see these.

Almost ready for the shower. Kathleen, I think I got the recipe for the fruit pizza from you.

Mom and me in their back yard:


Mom and Dad in front of their house with the planters Mom and I planted.


Dad, Mom, and Mary on their deck. Notice the lovely Peba flower pots on each side.



3 comments:

marym said...

Rhoda - it was so good to see you and spend time with you. Thanks for all you did on so many fronts. We all had a great time with you!

Ada said...

Do you ever have to work, Rhoda? Wish I could travel around like you do.

I thought I posted a comment a few days ago, but it never appeared. So I'll say - again - that I loved these pictures. That food table looks very delicious. And the picture of your parents on the front steps is especially sweet. Glad you were able to spend time with them.

rk2 said...

I get three weeks of vacation a year. I just happened to save two until the month when I had to use it or lose it. These two trips just kind of happened back to back.

It's nice now to be able to take vacation any time of the year but yes I do miss summer and spring break.

And I'd like to go to Florida for a month in the winter too!