Friday, April 8, 2011

Easy Beef Stroganoff

Every once in awhile someone posts about what they made for supper. For about a week I've been hungry for stroganoff, and Wednesday I finally had the time to make Aunt Ada's Easy Beef Stroganoff in the original Klopfenstein cook-book.

However, I realized I didn't have cream of chicken soup so I substituted cream of mushroom and then I didn't have rice so I had it over noodles.

I'm not sure if changing 2 of about 5 ingredients classifies as making her recipe, but I have enjoyed it anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The author of the deleted post and this anonymous post is Nog Blog, but it came up with Will's name since I am babysitting (playing on the computer) at the Steffen's. I promised the boys we'd do something fun, so I'd better get off!

Original comment was...
Rhoda, you're my kind of cook...if and when I ever cook anymore!

Ada said...

I consider all recipes as a basis of ingredients - then I do what I want with them. That strogonoff is still one of our favorites, but I don't do it exactly the same all the time. Glad you enjoyed it. I also serve that with my famous bisquick biscuits. :)

Ann said...

I'm just like you, Ada - so Rhoda, in my opinion you made the real thing!

Just wish I had some of that beef stroganoff right now. . . I DID, however, buy a big box of Bisquick!!!

Ada said...

My kids used to laugh at me because with the bisquick - I just put a bunch in a bowl and add water until it's as thick as I like it, then drop into globs and bake. Can't get any easier than that. Put a little butter and jam on them and they're good.