Wednesday, March 23, 2011

PROJECTS AND PARTYS

This is a picture of some ladies quilting the latest quilt. This was an easy one for me as it was all put together and all I had to do was mark it and put it in the frames. I will also bind it when it's done - probably take them another 3 weeks to complete it.

Finished this one today - yeahh!! Maralon Stauter embroidered the squares. I had to pick out the background fabric and sew it all together, mark for quilting, put it in the frames, cut 50,000 squares and fold into triangles to make the points, fit them to the sides, sew them on and attach the back!! Lots of hard, frustrating work, but turned out good in the end. There is also a 4-square wall hanging that goes with this queen sized quilt.

As I previously posted, Nathan had his #5 pirate-themed birthday party on the 12th. Looks like there were a few crazy pirates at the party!! I wouldn't let anyone like that in MY house!!



7 comments:

Ada said...

I KNOW!! Parties! sorry.

rk2 said...

AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! What a party. Ada, all you're missing is a parrot on your shoulder.

Ada said...

Shoot - never thought about that, Rhoda. We have a stuffed parrot in the basement!

marym said...

You're sure a well-rounded person, Aunt Ada - someone who can quilt with old people and dress up as a pirate with 5-year olds! Is that Uncle Jerry beside you? What great costumes you both have!

Tim - Cathy said...

Ada, I have to say, you do not look a day over 16 in that picture. Seriously.
Cathy

Alice said...

OUCH!!! At least 3 of those "old people" who are quilting are younger than I am.

marym said...

Sorry Aunt Alice! You sure look a lot younger!