Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hello!

I know it's been awhile since I posted...but it's been pretty quiet around here, just trying to get to Spring. I can feel it coming, and with it is coming the realization that there are a lot of things I didn't get done this winter that I intended to do.

There's a funny little cartoony thing I have about the difference in dogs and cats. I don't have it in front of me, but it goes something like this:

The dog says:
Oh, it's time to eat! My favorite thing!
Oh, the leash! Time for a walk! My favorite thing!
Oh, someone's at the door! My favorite thing!
Oh, we're going to sit on the couch and cuddle! My favorite thing!

The cat says:
It's day 256 of captivity.
The humans oogled over the silly dog again today, and yet failed to notice my impressive leap from the bed to the floor, with no hesitation whatsoever.
Etc...Etc.

My point is that I have been trying to clean up the basement...yes, still from Christmas. The problem is that as I pick up and sort out, I find myself saying:

Oh, Christmas pictures! My favorite thing!
Oh, puzzles! My favorite thing!
Oh, a box of crochet books! My favorite thing!
Oh, I'm tired! The couch! My favorite thing!

You get the idea! I hope to have the basement done this week. Then I can start upstairs, where I will find my computer, and the books I'm reading, and food close by...all of my favorite things!

I hope I'm ready when the nice weather sets in!

4 comments:

Ada said...

This was a good way to start my day, Judy - you crack me up!! I can identify completely.

Unknown said...

"Me thinks you are exposing too many of us"--speaking for myself especially!

Ann said...

Judy, you are so funny. I don't know if this is a midwestern phrase, but down here we would say that you are a "piece of work."!!! (and just in case you're wondering, that's a compliment. . .)

rk2 said...

I think the complete southern phrase would be, "Bless her heart, she's a piece of work!" and it would be a compliment.