Friday, December 10, 2010

WINTER GET-AWAY

Me in front of a horsie ride at WinterFest at Navy Pier.
Jerry with Mr. Lego man.
Nativity scene at Daily Plaza. If you really close, you
might see a fourth "wise" man.
Us in front of the tree at the Palmer House.
Jerry from the top viewing area of the giant tree at Macy's.

We spent a couple days in Chicago - traveling by train from Pontiac. We strolled State Street and Michigan Avenue, did a lot browsing but little buying. Went to a musical performance "Million Dollar Quartet" at the Apollo Theatre - good old rock-n-roll/country music from the 60's. Had a great dinner at the Atwood. We spent a couple hours at Navy Pier's WinterFest designed for young children. However, while I noticed there were many young parents there with young children and also groups from a variety of schools, there were many other old couples like us! Worst thing we did was splurge on fudge and toffee from a shop at Navy Pier. It was a great outing, but good to be back in our own home and our quiet life. We were VERY tired and slept VERY well last night!!

5 comments:

Nog Blog said...

You must take us with you sometime. For Chicago being so close, we are complete Chicago "dummies." We could follow you around like little puppies.

Drake said...

Hey Nog - didn't you and Dave both live in Chicago in 1968? Quite a time in Chicago and our country's history. I'd be interested in your memories of your time there - if not of some of the significant events - then at least your time in the big city!

Nog Blog said...

I know, Drake, I think it's crazy I lived up there for 6 years. Sometimes I took the train downtown, and I worked at the Mercantile Exchange for a few months before I got married, but never really "did" the city life. I do remember Marty and I went to a rolling stones concert during the mid-60's and got right in the middle of a race riot. People were surrounding and rocking cars around us, but I don't think we got personally harrassed, just scared. Another time, I was alone in the car and a little bit lost in Chicago, and I drove right into another race riot. A cop with a billy club told me to get out of there! Once I was abducted from a gas station. A man got in my car and I had to drive around a little, but then I just told him I was taking him back to the station, and he got out and laughed. Boy, it could have turned out different, when I think of it now.

Ada said...

Judy, just let us know when you want to go - but it will have to be a while, because we're heading south asap!! Gotta get out of this weather!

rk2 said...

Nog, you need to post some of those memories with more details--seriously you were abducted from a gas station???