Friday, December 31, 2010

Who am I?

This morning Lynn and I went to get our SC driver's licenses and to get new car tags. A lot of red tape was involved--shall I admit it that we couldn't find our birth certificates or marriage license? Guess we need to do more unpacking. Between McLean and Peoria counties we finally got all necessary documentation and everything was go. Then the fellow handling the documents discovered that the name on the birth certificate was Marian Hemmer. In all these years on the rare occasions when we needed a birth certificate, neither of us realized the name error. So who am I?

4 comments:

Ada said...

Wow - that's interesting. Maybe we should start calling you Man instead of Mim?? Glad you got eveything straightened out.

Miriam said...

Well, we each got a driver's license but the matter is not straightened out. Lynn and Mark both feel the matter needs to be attended to for legal reasons. Ada, your poor brother doesn't know if he is legally married or if he has two wives. Such a dilemma. Just call me Miriam until I am identified.

Miriam said...

Oh, my, I just examined by new driver's license and the name on it is "Mariam." So now I have a third name. Guess I'm very naive to expect some people in official capacities to get it right without checking up on them!

marym said...

And you don't even live in a third world country! Hope you can get it all straightened out soon.