Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wetzel-Celis Update

Well, mom and I must be on the same page, because I was thinking it was time for something new on the blog too. It's been awhile since I posted, so figured it was my turn. We have been busy, as usual. Jerry drives to Springfield everyday to work for the State of Illinois. Makes for long days. Interesting to note that they got "Voting Day" off. I always tease Jerry, "That's the government for ya!" I had a more-exciting-than-usual day at State Farm today ~ I witnessed a bizarre scene when a security worker lost control of an SUV and drove erratically through the parking lot, crashing into cement planters, light poles and ultimately a tree! Thankfully, no one was hurt. Heather is living at home with us while she saves money working at Chipotle. Can you believe she brought her dog with her, and the dog and I are getting along great?!?! It has been fun to have them both around; Heather is good about recognizing when I need help and will jump right in. Kelsie visited a couple weekends ago from college in Florida. She is doing so great down there, but needed a weekend of some good old Illinois fall weather. Oh how I loved having all the kids home, but oh how worn out I was! Here they all are around the breakfast table that Saturday:



Heater is training 2 hours a day in high school to be a CNA. She is surely learning to do some tasks I don't know that I would be able to do. She really loves it, and we are excited that she is excited about something! Nathan was Ironman for Halloween. I actually watched Ironman I with him, and liked it enough to think I might watch the sequel. This is not my kind of movie, but yes, I am a mom of a son, so I must go along with him. He made a fine (and fast running) Ironman, and scored a big bucket of candy which we've all enjoyed! Here he is prior to going trick-or-treating:



There's alot more, I'm sure, but that's a quick look into where we are right now.

What are the rest of you up to?

P.S. I didn't comment awhile back when the posts were made about Andrew's singing group came to Indiana, but will say now how great he sounded (and I only heard the online version!). Heather said it was really fun, and the group was awesome. So happy that mom and dad could take her with them, and that they all got the opportunity to see Ann and Andrew there. He sure can sing!!

6 comments:

Ada said...

Hey Ang - are those my famous pan-fried, powdered-sugar covered donuts the kids are eating? They sure look good. . .

Shelley S said...

Enjoyed your update Angela! Can I have the recipe for those yummy looking donuts?

marym said...

Great to hear from you Angela. Thanks for posting - had wondered about you and your family. Glad your'e all doing well. We had an election here recently and it was a national holiday - not that I minded!

Would love updates from other families as well!

Carol said...

I love the picture of the kids!Thanks for the interesting post!

Anonymous said...

The donuts, by the way, are simply ~ and shamelessly ~ refridgerated (sp?) biscuits with a hole made in the middle, fried in grease and shook in a bag of powdered sugar. Yummy, but ugh...

Ann said...

Thanks, Angela, for your kind comments. We really enjoyed being with your folks and Heather. She is a lot of fun!

Glad you had such a nice time with your family.

I love to make donuts that way. They are SO bad for you and SO good. Now I've getting a craving for them. . .