Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wheat Pillow

At a hotel where we stayed recently, a choice of pillows was offered. One was a wheat pillow, supposedly good for supporting a person's neck, and I tried it the last couple of nights we were there. It was very different, but I did think it helped support my neck, thus helping me sleep better.

Joey brought one back for me so I've been using it for a week now - and I really like it! If you like soft, downy type pillows this is not for you. But if you have any neck issues, it may help. If you get one, make sure it's fully refundable just in case it doesn't work for you. I had to order mine online since I couldn't find it at the regular department stores. The cost is sort of up there but hey, what's the price of a good night's sleep?

6 comments:

Ada said...

Interesting - I've never heard of such a thing as a wheat pillow. We need some new pillows, but I hate trying to pick one out as they are either too soft or too hard.

Ann said...

Someone gave me a corn pillow once, and I love it. It's very flexible but supportive around my neck while reading in the lazy boy. The only problem is - can I wash it without taking out the corn? I kinda doubt it.

Carol said...

Thanks for the tip about the Wheat pillow. I got something on that order at Bed, Bath and Beyond. You can put it in your microwave to make it hot, or in the freezer to make it cold. The cover comes off so you can wash it. This is more for aches and pains than for sleeping. A good sleeping pillow would be worth the money.

MaryM said...

Someone gave us a couple of rice bags for our wedding. They've been great for aches and pains - we heat them in the microwave - never thought about the freezer. I wish the covers came off too.

If you try the pillow, just remember it's very different but I'm liking it so far! Let me know if you want the website.

Shelley S said...

I think we've tried a wheat pillow - or maybe it was a buckwheat pillow - before. We saw it on an infomercial once. I didn't care for it, but Sam used it for awhile. His only complaint was the noise it made anytime you moved your head around. I think right now he is using the Cloud Pillow (another infomercial find) and I have one from Bed, Bath & Beyond that I got after leaving my best pillow at a hotel. We are also on the hunt for a good pillow!

Alice said...

While we're on the subject of pillows- - Keith and I sleep on feather pillows. They are the best! Periodically I take them to Pierson Mattress in Peoria where they clean them, put more feathers to fluff them up and put on a new cover. It is inexpensive too.
The worst pillows are in Motels.
They are much too thick and hard.
I take my own.