Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Retirement!

I worked my last shift last night. This is the email I sent to my co-workers...

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone that I am resigning my position as OR scrub tech, effective RIGHT NOW! (I will be finishing out my scheduled CBE classes through December.) I say “right now” with enthusiasm, not because I am anxious to leave all my friends and great co-workers, but because I will be moving on to being a full-time wife, mother, and grandmother. For this, I am very thankful and excited.

Those of you who know me well will be surprised to know that my husband is actually supportive and also excited about this. He is, I suppose, now expecting decent breakfasts and delicious dinners. You can see how my life is going to change!

So though I am giving up a job that I have enjoyed and appreciated for 16 years, I am looking forward to a new phase of life. Many thanks and regards to all of you who made my years with you very memorable.

Judy K.

So YEAH! WOO-HOO! I am no longer a "shift" worker. In December I will teach my last class and really feel like a free woman. Well, I have a notebook full of things I need and/or would like to do, so free time will not be a big part of my new life, I'm thinking.

8 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations on your retirement!I know you will love being a "stay at home" wife, Mom and Grandma.
Hope you can enjoy many years of doing what you love most. I'm sure the hospital will miss you.

Carol said...

I'm happy for you, Judy! You will no doubt be as busy as ever but in a different way. Perry and I are so glad you are willing and will now have the time to help with the proofreading of his memoirs.

Ada said...

Congratulations! YOU GO GIRL!! Now we can have lunch and/or "hangout more often. I know you'll enjoy yourself, keep very busy, and cook lots of good dinners for Dave.

Mim said...

Judy, with your writing talent, we'll be expecting a book in the long run. It will be good to be less? bound by the clock. One of the things I like about retirement is not having to get up to an alarm clock even we though wake up early anyway. Then we get up or not as we choose. Congrats on your decision.

Ann said...

So, how long will it be before you get a phone call, "We know you're retired, but would you like to come in to work for. . ." etc. etc. ?

Congratulations. After going through the past few weeks I'd love to be in your shoes.

rk2 said...

Congratulations on retirement!!! It must be a wonderful feeling. Enjoy, and yes Mom I would love to not have an alarm clock in the morning.

Cleve said...

Congratulations, Judy. You will absolutely love retirement. Ann's comments about pending phone calls, however, might be the most profound. Don't overcommit, but enjoy the new opoportunities -- the ones you pick and choose.

Nog Blog said...

Funny, yesterday, first day of retirement, Jamie called to see if I could help out at Curt's Photography. I assured that someday I could, but right now I am busy with the two proofing projects I am in the midst of...
Obviously, I am not going to get bored!