Monday, September 27, 2010

ArtPrize 2010

Saturday at ArtPrize I was surprised to see this sculpture at Meijer Gardens by an artist from Eureka, IL.  I thought I took a picture with his name and the title of the piece, but apparently I didn't save it to my phone--must be my age or lack of strong technology skills!  I think his last name is Esmer or something like that just in case any of you central IL folks are familiar with him.  I'm also including a picture of me in front of Chihuly glass piece that is on display at Frederick Meijer Gardens but is not part of ArtPrize.  In case you are interested I have some pictures of other pieces on my blog.  Click here to see. 

 

3 comments:

Ada said...

Wow - that's a cute Chihuly thing. Well, you're cute also.

Tim - Cathy said...

I don't personally know the sculptor (I think his name is Bob), but I do know his mother, Jean. She works out at Curves. She talks about her son, the sculptor. She always tells me to drive by her house because he has pieces on her porch and his workshop is behind her house. I haven't done that yet, but after seeing the picture, I think I will!

Ann said...

The glass blowing thing is really unusual! and pretty also.