Saturday, August 7, 2010

Remembering

Well, maybe I don't have enough to do today, or am just overly sentimental due to not seeing extended family very often, but while working around the house and also listing some stuff on eBay this afternoon (jackpot at a yard sale this morning), I keep thinking about the nice activities of last weekend. It was truly a high point of the summer, and those of you in central Illinois did much to make it memorable. Judy and others, thanks again, and know that your efforts were greatly appreciated. I loved the entire weekend.

Andrew comes in from camp in Louisiana this evening and leaves early in the morning with his quartet for his first time singing with them. He'll crash on Monday. Mary Lee keeps busy winding down the summer, working almost full time at a daycare and babysitting on the side. Mike worked 14 out of the last 16 days and so is very tired today. So we keep moving along down here in the heat. Inservice for me starts next week - bleghh!

4 comments:

Ada said...

As I sat down at my computer just now and looked at the clock, I thought to myself "this time last Saturday we were standing in the elevator". It was certainly a day to be remembered, thanks to Judy and everybody who was there.

Hope Andrew sings good tomorrow at his first gig. We're thinking about going to Terre Haute but will need times of the concert; the website just said morning and pm.

Ada said...

sorry - I think "sings well" would be the correct grammar . . .

rk2 said...

That's funny because this afternoon I too thought, "Hmmm, I think we were in the grain elevator about this time last week..."

Cleve said...

It will "be a hoot in Terre Haute" if some of us can make it to that concert. Kathleen and I are also trying to make it work out to attend, so keep us posted on the times.
And, ditto on the reunion memories. This afternoon at about 3 p.m., I said to Kathleen "LAST WEEK AT THIS TIME WE WERE SURE HAVING MORE FUN THAN WE ARE TODAY." She readily agreed.