Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Babies are One!

One year ago today, our family was doubly blessed with the arrival of Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur. Today they're happy, healthy children with very different personalities, and yet they're the best of friends.

It has been a tough year, and yet it's also been a fantastic year. I can't imagine life without my sweet babies. We're finally starting to emerge from the fog and live life a bit more.

I'm proud to say I'm still nursing. I didn't make it this far with the other girls for various reasons, which I regret. But this time I'm letting them drive the bus. We'll see how long this ride lasts.

We had their family party on Monday. Here are some pics.


Riley at 1 year


Gavin at 1 year


Then...


...and now


Gavin enjoying his cupcake


Riley enjoying hers


Cupcakes are awesome!

4 comments:

Ann said...

They are very cute little ones! I've enjoyed the pictures throughout the year.

Ada said...

Yep, I'll "ditto" Ann's comment. You're a very dedicated mom and it looks like you have happy children. Keep up the good work.

Nog Blog said...

I think of these kids as a miracle, considering I remember a conversation with you about 9 months before they were born when you were talking about your health issues and the probability of having no more children. And now 2 beautiful, healthy babies later, you are so blessed.

AUNT MIM said...

BOTH GAVIN AND RILEY LOOK LIKE REAL WINNERS! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM AT THE REUNION.