Thursday, May 20, 2010

SHAPING UP

We're making progress with our new bathroom. Jerry had friends help hang the drywall, then he filled the cracks, sanded, and primed. I did the painting and now Jerry is laying the tile. During all his working, I am the main gopher and cheerleader - but sometimes I just stay out of the way. Once the tile is done, we'll call the plumber to come and finish his work and then I can decorate.
Kelsie came up this morning and helped me clean the whole house - it was still a mess from the garage sale so we had a big job. And the basement had not been cleaned well for a long time. Kelsie was a real "trooper" and just dug right in and in about 3 hours we had the house sparkling again. Thanks, Kelsie.

Tomorrow and Monday I'm going to cook the meals-on-wheels (why am I always a glutton for punishment) so I have to go get a few groceries and begin to concentrate on tomorrows meal which is one of my favorites: roast beef, potatoes, carrots, fruit and German Chocolate cake. Monday is chicken and noodles, another favorite of mine so at least I'm cooking something I like.

2 comments:

Carol said...

That was so nice of Kelsie! What a difference it can make when you have someone to help.

marym said...

Looks like fun! Lots of work but what great progress!