Tuesday, May 4, 2010

COME ONE--COME ALL

Yesterday (Monday the 3rd) I had finished a Dr. apt. and realized that the Farmer's Market was not too far out of the way home. And on the market shelf was exactly what I wanted--FRESH, JUST PICKED, HOMEGROWN, BRIGHT RED and HUGE---------STRAWBERRIES. And are they ever good, suculent, tasty, sweet--well simply A-OK!!!
Well, I walked away with a gallon. The lady clerk did mention that she'd take off $2 a gallon if I bought 3 gallons. I started to drive away and thought--I'm gonna go back and get two more gallons and go down to Mary's office at Cook's. Boy did they lap up the strawberries. I came home with about a gallon and a half.
We've had homemade shortcake with fresh berries. mmmmmmmm--that is so good. And, too, since we can get more at the market for about a month, Mim made eight jars of jam. Talk about "tall grass", we're in "tall strawberry grass"!
A local cultural saying is: You come see us!
I say to the EJK Blog readers: YOU COME SEE US!

4 comments:

Ada said...

Sorry I didn't see post this in time to get there for that strawberry shortcake that Mim made. I'm sure it was delicious.

I am curious how much you had to spend in order to save the $2.00?!?!

Nog Blog said...

Sounds so good! How fun to drop in at Mary's with such a treat. Made their day, I'm sure!

marym said...

It absolutely made our day! What a nice surprise and the co-workers in my area enjoyed their treat. Of course, I did too! Thanks Dad.

rk2 said...

Can't wait for fresh berries next week!