Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Calling all Runners!

If you have searched the internet for the Fun Run/Walk taking place in Normal, Il on July 31, you won't find it there! This Fun Run/Walk is strictly a Klopfenstein event planned for that Saturday morning. There are several runners/exercisers in the family, and we (meaning Shelley and myself) thought that this might be a fun thing to do. I envision a group of runners, a larger group of walkers of all ages, including the serious walkers and some families with strollers or toddlers just out for the fun, and many others there to watch, play with the children or grandchildren on the playground, or just relax, visit, and enjoy a muffin and a cup of coffee or a fresh glass of orange juice. There will be marked trails with guides directing you, whether you are running the 5K, or taking a shorter run or leisurely walk; a "medical station;" a nice shelter; and a lovely playground. Hopefully there will be some sunshine and nice morning breeze.

So I'm hoping many of you will pull out your tennis shoes and join us for a morning park event.

More reunion details to follow soon!

4 comments:

Mama Runner said...

I'm looking forward to it! I'm scheduled for a 10 miler that day, so I'm planning to do the 5K, then jump on Constitution Trail for another 7. Anyone want to join me? ;)

Ada said...

I'll enjoy a liesurely "stroll" through the park and am glad Dr. Sam will be there to work on any blisters I might develop.

We're looking forward to the weekend.

rk2 said...

This is a great idea, and I'm looking forward to it!

Tim - Cathy said...

We're looking forward to the run(Tim)/walk (Cathy)!