Monday, March 22, 2010

SHOP HOP

I had a fun day Saturday when I went on a "Quilt-Shop Hop" with 18 women. It was quite a diverse group (as I told Jerry, it was a wild and crazy bunch of ladies) ranging in age from about 50-75. We left Bloomington at 7:30 am and I arrived home about 8:30 pm. It was a long day and I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to do it, but I stayed calm and just enjoyed the day.

We had breakfast at Woody's in LeRoy, then went to one store in Mahomet, another in Rantoul, and the last one in Danville. The Threads of Time in Danville was definitely the best one. If you're interested check out www.threadsandbedsretreat.com. It was an amazing place. After the visit there, we crossed the Indiana state line and had dinner at the Beef House -- notice there was no lunch stop and I was worried about that, but the bus fee included a large bag of treats for each of us as well as all the water or soft drink we wanted. Some of these women go on shop/hops several times a year, but this was the first time I decided to go with them. It was a fun day.

It was tempting to buy EVERYTHING, but I controlled myself fairly well and bought just enough for a couple projects. After all, I'm trying to get rid of "stuff", not accumulate more stuff.

My friend Mary Stalter and me on the bus.
Dinner at the Beef House.
My purchases.
It will be awhile before you see the finished products from this shopping trip!

3 comments:

Nog Blog said...

You are a diverse and interesting person, always ready for the next adventure! I like it!

Ann said...

A day like that would be a lot of fun. Were the shops all about quilting or could people who sew other things or do other needlework crafts find things as well?

marym said...

The snowman placemats look really cute!