Wednesday, March 17, 2010

THE BAG LADY'S BACK

Since we are cleaning out our basement, I decided that instead of selling all my excess material I would just try to make something out of it. So on Monday and Tuesday I made these bags and will probably put them on my garage sale. On Saturday when I went to my monthly embroidery/quilt club meeting in Bloomington, they showed us how to make flannel pillow cases to be donated to the children's wings at local hospitals - and of course the children can take them home. I may make some more for that purpose but I also think they would make nice gifts. They are sooo easy and fun to do. I made this one in about 30 minutes.

Just thought I'd throw in my latest quilt tops for you to see. The pink one is twin-size, the purple one (my favorite - with triangles instead of squares - moving up a step!) is either a baby quilt or wall hanging, and the green one is full size. I should put another strip or two around the two larger ones if I can find matching material. I still have one other set of blocks to make a queen size quilt. Want to have them done by next fall for the comforter blitz.
It's 10:15 am, the fog has finally lifted, the sun is shining, Jerry's off to a routine Dr.'s appointment, and I'm heading to my "sweat shop" to see what I can create today.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Wow, you do gorgeous work.

How long does it take to make a quilt top?

One year Mary Lee made pillowcases for her friends for Christmas.