Monday, February 22, 2010

St. Louis Week-end


Perry, Preston and I met Brandon, Maria & family in St. Louis this week-end. We enjoyed a couple days together before her baby is due to arrive March 20th. An especially amazing and memorable event for me was listening to Timon read to me a whole Dick & Jane book and Anna read me a whole book about Curious George! Timon is 3 years old and Anna is 5. Timon figured out how to write his name at age 2 (much to his mother's surprise) and now uses his phonics skills to read beginning books at age 3. He will be 4 in May. Anna is 5. ---Carol

6 comments:

Tim - Cathy said...

Hi, Carol,

Isn't it great being a grandma???? Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Cathy

Ada said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. They are adorable children.

Mim said...

Watching the kids grow mentally is even more exciting than to watch them physically (an athlete I am not). Thanks for sharing!

Nog Blog said...

Not only intelligent, but beautiful as well. I'm sure they are excited about a new baby coming also!

Ann said...

I still can't get over those darling hoodies. Which is not to detract from the darling kiddos inside! I enjoy reading about your trips and your grandchildren.

Shelley S said...

What a cute picture. There is just nothing sweeter than listening to children reading. I bet is was especially heart-warming to hear it in their little 5 and 3-year-old voices!