Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On January second, Judy Witzig and I went to visit Ann Wagler in Eureka A.C. nursing home. Susan was there, and she and I have been almost lifetime friends. When I was in fourth-eighth grade, we lived in LaGrange Park, and went to the old Chicago church, where I became close friends with Susan. They lived in Western Springs, not far from LaGrange Park, and I would stay overnight with her sometimes. There are many funny stories to tell about those years. After they moved to Alabama, and I was still with Mom & Dad, we went to visit them several times. After that I didn't see Susan or Ann again until this last year. Ann was sleeping while we were there, but when I said goodbye to her, I told her who I am and she smiled. I don't think she knew it was me, but she recognized the name Klopfenstein, and thought I was mom. I wasn't able to go to her funeral because I have had a bad case of bronchial spasms since then and am still not over it. I choke and choke until I "you know what." It is very bad, but since I am retired I don't really mind any problems anymore. I have time and energy now to handle anything.

2 comments:

Nog Blog said...

As a young girl I thought Susan Wagler was one of the prettiest girls I ever saw...

marym said...

I did too, Judy! I just adored her! Gloria, I had no clue of that connection. Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you got to see Miss Ann (as we always called her) and Susan.