Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Note from the Not So Sunny South

Hello all, from the piedmont of South Carolina, where we have been socked in with rain and wind from Tropical Storm Ida, for about 24 hours now. It's not been so bad that we couldn't go about normal activities, but I am very glad to be home for the night and not have anywhere to go. I can hear the wind and the heavy rain as I type. This is expected to go on until at least tomorrow afternoon.

The good thing about it, and some previous rains this fall, is that our lake is now full! No drought conditions at this time, and it's no longer painful to drive on the bridges that cross Lake Hartwell and see the cracked shoreline that was way, way too big.

I'm thinking of the Knoblochs in Alabama and wondering how Retta is doing - and how the kids are doing in anticipation of this move. It's difficult for teenagers even if it is the best thing all around.

Mike and I drove to Greenville yesterday to take the kids out to supper at Olive Garden - Andrew turned the big 21 today. He's celebrating with friends tonight. My little baby boy is 21 - that can't be. Where did the years go? Mary Lee took us to the art department to show us her drawings. She loves her drawing class. I should have thought to take some pictures of her work.

If you possibly look at my personal blog you know that last Friday night was the school play that I directed. It's now four days later and the cast and I are still kinda "floating" about how well it went. The kids did a super job, far better than I ever expected. The only drawback. . .we didn't prepare for what to do if a live cat throws up onstage. Somehow that didn't make the list of anticipated possible problems.

2 comments:

Cleve said...

I can't imagine the pressure that play directors must have. I love live stage plays, but have a hard time concentrating on the story-line because I'm so enthralled by the actors' ability to memorize their lines, antics, and cues. I worry for them, but they always come through.

rk2 said...

How can "Little" Ander be 21 when we haven't aged a bit???