Thursday, November 5, 2009

GOOD MORNING

Greetings everyone! Just thought I'd slip in here on a bright, sunny morning and say "Hello." Jerry left for his first day at volunteering at the hospital since his surgery; he was so excited! He has a meeting this afternoon, so he will probably be worn out by the time he gets home. Maybe I'll make him his favorite dinner - homemade pizza. We are so thankful his recovery - though long and difficult - seems to be successful.

I've been busy with my quilts. I finished binding one yesterday and am waiting for the owner to come pick it up. I have three more to prepare for quilting. I want to have enough ready to keep the quilters busy through Jan/Feb when we are in Florida. Sometimes I enjoy this job I volunteered for and other times I get quite frustrated.

Jerry's been working outside, in the garage and shed, and trying to catch up on a variety of MAN jobs that have been neglected. Of course, no matter how much we do around the house and grounds, there's always more.

Corn's still standing in two fields by our house!

2 comments:

rk2 said...

Farmers here are finally able to get into the fields. Lots of corn and beans have been harvested in the last couple of days.

Hopefully central IL farmers will be able to as well.

Nog Blog said...

Dave is hard at it. I ran the combine yesterday, but had the day off today as Dave was shut down with a broken gear for a couple of hours. The view from my window right now is very beautiful..the way you would expect fall to look.