Friday, September 25, 2009

Our memory of Aunt Ruth

Whenever I think of Aunt Ruth, I think of her singing. The time I remember most was at a shower -- bridal or baby, but for who I do not know. It was time to eat, so we needed to pray but there were no men there. Never fear, Ruth said, "Let's sing the doxology," and she started right in. I had never heard the song before, but could tell most of the ladies knew it, although they all sang quite sheepishly compared to Ruth. She sang loudly, but very beautifully. She was very happy and confident as she sang that song. The church I attend now sings the doxology every week, and I think of Aunt Ruth every time. When I was telling Heather that Aunt Ruth had died, she needed more information to place her. When I said Aunt Ruth is the aunt who sings loud and high, she knew exactly who I meant. My sympathies to Linda and Bruce and the entire family.

No comments: