Monday, September 21, 2009

BUSY AROUND HERE

I haven't had time to post lately. For the last 4-5 days I've been putting together a quilt for the ladies to quilt at Sunrise Manor. It's amazing what people will pay for the hand-quilted quilts - all the money goes to various World Relief projects. The one I'm working on now is the most tedious and the prettiest one. I have just a little more marking to do, then this afternoon will take it to Sunrise and put it in the frames and the quilters will start it on Tomorrow. They quilt every Wednesday, and I estimate this quilt will take them three weeks.


Barb Ringger gave us this quilt- it has 20 blocks of cross-stitched swirly circles with burgundy-colored thread. Several ladies from the First United Church did the stitching and they will sell raffle tickets at their annual pancake/sausage dinner in January. I found some pretty tone-on-tone burgundy material to put between the squares and it turned out really pretty. Lots of work and my back is aching! A picture will be posted later.


For the two weeks prior to beginning this project, I spent much time on a wall-hanging I'm making on my embroidery machine. I'm pretty pleased at how it's turning out and will also post a picture of this when it's finished.

Jerry's been washing windows - two or three a day. And he's still busy with his Farm on Facebook. I don't think he could squeeze another tree, barn, or field into the space.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love to see pictures of your beautiful projects! You are so creative and talented.