Monday, August 10, 2009

A Michigan Summer

Written last night but had trouble posting:

I'm posting this sitting on the deck of a cottage on School Section Lake about 1/2 hour south of Ludington and 20 minutes east of Pentwater for those of you who may be familiar with the west shore of Michigan. I've been here with friends at their friends cottage since Friday night and will leave in an hour or so. Th weather has been less than perfect, but we've done some fishing (in two outings I had a total of four bass keepers) and a little jet skiing yesterday.


And now at the risk of embarrassment I'll share something that I'm guessing none of you have done this summer: Yesterday morning early we were out fishing (we being Renae and me), and I was quite excited to be fishing with a new rod she had given me for my birthday last fall. She mentioned that I had some dirt on my leg so I stood up at the side of the front of the pontoon and promptly my foot slipped on the metal siding and I ended up in the lake with my new rod sinking quickly. Let's just say my body and and ego are both quite bruised.

2 comments:

Ada said...

Well, you're right - I've never been fishing and never fallen out of a boat! Don't have no plans for the possibility of it happening either! Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Cleve said...

Sorry to hear of losing the nice, new rod. And, of the bruised leg, too. But, it sounds like it was a
fun weekend overall.
"Good fishing is a matter of timing; you needed to get there yesterday"