Saturday, July 25, 2009

WATER TOWER

Gridley recently put up a new water tower. I was sure Casey would post a picture, but I finally decided to take some pictures to show you the old and new side by side.


This picture was taken from the alley by the Fire Station.

This picture was taken from the southwest on the other side of the railroad track - down by the old Ringger Feed Store.

I wanted to take a picture a couple weeks ago when all the heavy equipment machinery was in the park as well as the pieces of the new water tower laying all over the ground - but my camera just stopped working and I just got a new one a couple days ago. I'll send another one when the old tower is gone and the new one is all painted.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Driving into Gridley will never be the same! Goodbye childhood--

Cleve said...

I agree with Ann. The new one looks shorter, too. I sure hope there's a ladder on the new one for the high-school pranksters to climb up on.

Anonymous said...

Remember how it used to drip one drop of water at a time? We used to try to stand under it and let it hit our heads or go into our mouths!