Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Great $10 Save


Yesterday I went to Office Depot to buy printer ink. I go there often. Last time I had a coupon, but it was expired, and the sales clerk told me if I had a current one at home, I should bring it in and they would refund the money. I checked for coupons before I went to the store yesterday, but didn't have any. However, after I bought the $80 worth of ink, I picked up the mail, and there was a $10 coupon for Office Depot. So today, I went in and got my $10, right? First, the clerk said, "This doesn't count for HP products." OK, that figures. But then she said, "I'll try it anyway...sometimes it goes through." So she decided to "return" the ink, refund it to my credit card, and then recharge me, using the coupon. Well, the coupon didn't work, just like she said at the beginning. But then she said, "Oh, you used a gift card for part of your purchase?" I had forgotten all about the $13 I had left on a gift card I had used. Then she proceeded to try to make me pay the $13 since now I didn't have the card anymore! I told her to forget about the $10, but I wasn't paying an extra $13. The manager finally came over and voided everything she had done.

If you could follow all of that, good for you! The main thing is...my printer is now printing nice clear copies again! Yeah!

4 comments:

rk2 said...

The lost art of customer service is amazing.

Ada said...

I chuckled as I just got one of those $10 coupons on Wednesday, but I had already bought new ink cartridges on Tuesday.

I had actually bought a 3-pack a few weeks ago to have on hand when needed, but when I went to install them they were Epson #60 instead of #69 which I need! Don't know if it's old age, or poor eyesight. Anyway if anyone can use Epson 60 cartridges, magenta, cyan, and/or yellow, I'll send them to you. First come, first served!

Now, I'll have to use the new coupon to buy a new 3-pack for future use - 69's of course.

Nog Blog said...

Funny, because the reason I had to hurry to the store to get new ink, was because the ones I had on hand turned out to be the wrong number also! There's rooms waiting for us somewhere, Ada!

Ann said...

I'll make sure your kids find a place with lots of amenities--if you'll do the same for me. :-)