Thursday, April 2, 2009

Resting

Well, as some of you are on "Facebook" know, and those who we've talked to last night and today, I'm home resting today. For those who don't know, let me fill you in.

I've had bouts of chest pains on and off for several weeks, nothing severe, but not normal either. Yesterday morning I woke up and my chest really hurt. I went to work anyway and as the morning went on I could tell that things really were "off". My chest hurt all the time and I kept getting flushed. I told a few other folks at work, ate an aspirin and called Retta who took me to UAB downtown for evaluation.

After 8 hours in the ER, two Nitro pills, and the first half of a stress test, I went home. This morning I went back to UAB, finished the stress test and am now waiting on the results. I have been sent home to rest. I stopped a work to get my car keys, car and laptop and was reprimanded for even stopping and told not to work. So, I slept from 1 to 5. It was kind of nice.

On a positive note, after 5 years in Alabama I finally have a local doctor, and I think I might be committed to improving my health. I go back to the doctor on Monday afternoon to find out the results of my stress test and if it's not my heart, what else it might be. I have been exhausted the past few weeks, get easily winded, and just don't feel well.

Thanks to you who prayed for me last night and today. We really appreciate it. EDK

PS: Stacey thanks for the comment about your migraines on facebook. It gives me something else to talk to the doctor about on Monday. It has me thinking.

2 comments:

Ada said...

Eric, we're sorry to hear about all this. We certainly hope the doctors diagnose the problem correctly and that you will feel better soon. Our prayers are with you. Keep the family posted.

Ann said...

Well, we are now praying for you in SC as well. Hope you can get some answers soon.