Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gall Bladder and Fire

What's a bad one feel like? I've been having stomach pains since my "chest pains" and this morning woke up with chest pains, stomach pains. After I puked I've felt better. "Everybody" says "It's your gall bladder". Could it be? Guess I better go back to the doctor.

Maybe it's because Retta and I didn't eat supper till 10:00 last night. We were going on a date night last night, but stopped at the home (former) of a young couple who periodically attend our Sunday School class. Ryan and Alisha (expecting) and their 2 small children lived with Ryan's parents Tony & Dyphne and Tony's elderly mother Jesse. Yesterday afternoon, someone set fire to their home for "unknown" reasons. Alisha, the children and Jesse were inside the house.

Jesse died last night due to severe burns experienced in the fire and everything was also lost in the fire. After praying with them, Retta and I diverted to a local church who collects clothes, etc for those in need and aquired clothing for the family to get them by for a couple days. We went back and spent some more time with them and then finally made it out to "Logan's" for a very late dinner. Please keep this family in your prayers as they deal with this tradegy and the fact that someone else purposely caused this great pain in their family. EDK

3 comments:

Ann said...

I've never had a gall bladder attack but have heard that one can mimic heart problems. . .

I will be praying for your friends. That's a horrible thing to happen.

Nog Blog said...

How awful! Glad you were able to help with practical needs. This family will be hurting for a long time, and the fear and uncertainty in not knowing who would do such a thing must be tormenting.

Rhoda said...

A gall bladder attack feels as if someone has put the heel of a cowboy boot in a fire and then is stepping on your chest as hard as they can. At least that is what I had, and it's similar to an acid reflux attack. I had my gall bladder out about 8 years ago and the pain was excruciating.

Yes, it makes a huge difference in what you eat and when you eat.

And when you tell someone you are having gall bladder issues everyone will have a gall bladder story so here is mine:

Twice I ended up at the ER with the pain. The second time I was scheduled for an ultrasound the next day. The tech pointed out the stone--which by the way everyone has gall stones they just aren't irritated and bigger stones don't mean bigger pain as it depends on where the stones are positioned. I looked at it and asked if I could have a picture of it. I figure I'd seen plenty of ultrasound pictures of my friends' babies that I could show off my gall stone. She laughed and said sure although no one had ever asked for the picture before. She even labeled the stone for me.